Help for Older Adults Who are Planning to Relocate
Any move is stressful and moving from your long-time residence is even more so. Experienced Senior Move Managers can help reduce that stress by helping you with each step to a successful relocation.
What Are Senior Move Managers?
Senior Move Managers are professionals who provide emotional, organizational, and hands-on support to older adults and their families during the move process.
What Do Senior Move Managers Do?
- Set up a time-line and comprehensive plan for your move
- Locate and oversee a mover
- Draw up a scale-model floor plan of your new residence
- Create scale-models of your furniture to help you plan your space
- Help you stay focused on the task at hand
- Help you sort through your possessions
- Pack those items to be moved
- Arrange for the disposal of unwanted items (donations, estate sales, etc.)
- Unpack and organize your new home
- Help you prepare your home for sale
How Do I Find A Senior Move Manager?
The National Association of Senior Move Managers (www.nasmm.com) provides a directory of Senior Move Managers near you.
What Questions Do I Ask?
- As you interview potential senior move manages, consider these important questions:
- How long have you been a Senior Move Manager?
- Are you insured and licensed by your state?
- Do you have letters of reference/phone numbers I may call?
- What is your fee structure?
- Will you provide me with a written contract?
- What services do you provide yourself and which ones are provided by others?
Even if you have family and friends who are willing to help, a Senior Move Manager has expertise and experience that will provide you with economical and insightful solutions as well as connections to local resources to expedite your move.
When in doubt the Artēgan community executive directors and community outreach staff are ready to listen and offer guidance to help you make the most informed decision. Contact us.